Ducky Year of The Goat – Review (Basically a Shine 5)
A few weeks ago the Year of the Goat, this year’s Zodiac keyboard from Ducky, was released. I was exceptionally lucky to be one of the first in the UK to get one.
It’s the first RGB keyboard from Ducky to be released in the UK and follows past Zodiac keyboards by having a slightly unique chassis.
Does it live up to the previous years? Well in this review I hope to be able to answer that question.
• Type: Mechanical Keyboard
• Switch: Cherry MX mechanical switches
• Interface: USB 2.0 / USB 3.0
• Simultaneous key input: USB N-Key Rollover (NKRO)
• LED: RGB Color LED
• Keycap Material: ABS
• Legend printing：Double shot
• Dimensions：440 x 140 x 41mm
• Origin of Production：Taiwan
As part of the manufacturing, Ducky have implemented a double layer PCB as the LED’s that are being used are also going to be larger than other companies. This, Ducky say should help with improved brightness overall.
It features more advanced versions of the regular Ducky lighting modes, with options that utilise the RGB ability of the keyboard itself.